IMC: Innovate Make Create Center
Your destination for digital media production and digital scholarship at the UAlbany Libraries, open to all students, faculty and staff.
The IMC supports the creation of multimedia projects and the digital design of presentations and publications. Digital scholarship services enable faculty and students to engage in new and exciting research made possible by digital technologies.
We are located in the basement of the University Library. You can use our space to produce a podcast, consult with staff to develop skills using media technologies, or borrow equipment to record digital research. Come visit!
We offer free workshops on a variety of topics including audio, video and research strategies. Workshops are 1-2 hours and open to the public. Walk-ins are welcome!
If you are an instructor or student group and would like to schedule instruction please contact us.
Tutorials & Handouts
Learn on the go with our tutorials and printable guides.
We offer loanable multimedia equipment for all levels of expertise. Request an equipment reservation or ask us what equipment would be best for your project.
- Canon VIXIA HD Camcorders (various models)
- GoPro Hero Action Cameras
- Canon Mini-DV Camco
- Various pro & semi-pro models including those from Bogen, Manfrotto, & Slik
- Manfrotto 725B
- H2 Zoom
- H4n Zoom recorder
- Olympus VN-4100PC
- Olympus WS-321M
- 3.5" floppy disk drive (USB)
- Zip disk drive (USB)
- Table-top Cassette Recorders
- Shure SM57
- Shure SM 58
- Pearstone Omni OLM-10 Lavaliere
- USB "
- Epson VS230 SVGA 3LCD Projector
- Portable - 80 inch widescreen or 65 inch standard
- Wacom Intous 5 pen tablet
- USB hard drives for Windows and Mac 500 GB and 1TB
- Flash ("thumb") drives (USB)
- HC/SD me